Archway Park reopening
It was smiles all round at Archway Park on Saturday (September 30) as the Mayor of Islington officially re-opened the gates following a £500,000 transformation.
The park, which sits at the junction of St John’s Way and Archway Road, now has better landscaping and lighting, as well as brand new play and sports facilities, including a long slide which the park was always known for.
Mayor of Islington, Cllr Una O’Halloran, speaking at the event, said: “The children here today love the new equipment and I think this will quickly become an important and much-loved space in Archway.”
See some of our photos from the event.
Local families joined the Mayor of Islington to celebrate the reopening of the park
Erin enjoys trying out the new swings
Daredevil Harry tries out the new slide
Dila shows off her face-painting
Cinar and Nathaniel play a game on the new multi-use ball court
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019