Are you ready for Stoptober?
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. Relying on willpower alone is the least effective way to stop. You can boost your chance of success by getting some support. Here are five top tips to help you give up.
- Contact Islington’s Breathe Stop Smoking Service to get personal support.
- Ask your family or friends to give you motivation.
- Try nicotine replacement products, a prescribed stop smoking medication or e-cigarettes.
- Put the money you would spend on cigarettes away and at the end of Stoptober use it to treat yourself.
- A craving can last 5 minutes. Before you give up, make a list of 5-minute strategies to help you.
For more information:
Text Quit to 66777
020 3633 2609