Are you ready for Stoptober?
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. Relying on willpower alone is the least effective way to stop. You can boost your chance of success by getting some support. Here are five top tips to help you give up.
- Contact Islington’s Breathe Stop Smoking Service to get personal support.
- Ask your family or friends to give you motivation.
- Try nicotine replacement products, a prescribed stop smoking medication or e-cigarettes.
- Put the money you would spend on cigarettes away and at the end of Stoptober use it to treat yourself.
- A craving can last 5 minutes. Before you give up, make a list of 5-minute strategies to help you.
For more information:
Text Quit to 66777
020 3633 2609
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019