Are you ready for Stoptober?
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. Relying on willpower alone is the least effective way to stop. You can boost your chance of success by getting some support. Here are five top tips to help you give up.
- Contact Islington’s Breathe Stop Smoking Service to get personal support.
- Ask your family or friends to give you motivation.
- Try nicotine replacement products, a prescribed stop smoking medication or e-cigarettes.
- Put the money you would spend on cigarettes away and at the end of Stoptober use it to treat yourself.
- A craving can last 5 minutes. Before you give up, make a list of 5-minute strategies to help you.
For more information:
Text Quit to 66777
020 3633 2609
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020