Blooms brighten busy town centre
Islington in Bloom, the annual gardening competition, has got the borough blooming with beautiful flowers from Archway to Old Street. Even in unlikely places like the middle of the Holloway Road.
The Nag’s Head A1 flower baskets bring joy and pride to the area and help to attract shoppers from local neighbourhoods and further afield, providing a boost for local businesses.
Neil Quinlan, store manager of Selbys and Chair of the Nag’s Head Town Centre Management Group, said: “The flowers really brighten up the area and make a difference to shoppers. My customers have commented on how nice they are, so we are pleased they have been planted again this year. Hopefully they will get entered and do well in Islington in Bloom.”
Much of the cost was generously met by Cervidae, the asset managers for the Nags Head Shopping Centre, as part of a £10,000 donation that also goes towards the Christmas lights and switch on event.
Nick Kertesz of Cervidae, said: “We are pleased to have been able to contributed to the Nag’s Head holiday lights and planters for the third consecutive year.”
Islington in Bloom is now closed, but make sure you come back to find out who has won this year’s competition later this year.
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020