Christmas for locals at St Luke’s Community Centre
St Luke’s Community Centre is asking people to donate to its Christmas Giving Campaign this year, so they can give a present to every local resident who attends their special Christmas Day and members’ lunches.
CEO Michael Ryan explains: “Christmas can be a lonely time for some members of our community, particularly the elderly and disadvantaged. We strive throughout the year to alleviate loneliness and social isolation, so Christmas is an important time to really bring everyone together in our community hub. Being able to give everyone a gift is a special part of the day.”
- Saturday 8th December, 12-4pm: annual Christmas Fayre, with fun for all the family including crafting and cooking, live music, dancing, singing and much more. All welcome, free admission.
- Thursday 20th December, 12-4pm: our over 55s members’ lunch with singing and dancing.
- Christmas Day, 12-4pm: meal and party for anyone in Islington who might be by themselves on the day. Bookings must be made in advance at St Luke’s reception. Transport can be arranged.
If you would like to make a donation, the JustGiving URL is: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/stlukes-christmas-giving-2018?suc
Or choose a gift on our John Lewis Gift List number 750253. List closes on 7th December 2018
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019