Islington Councillors and council officers have been learning about inclusive cycling at Finsbury Park to help make the borough’s streets more accessible for all.
The inclusive cycling day was organised with Pedal Power cycling club and Wheels for Wellbeing to bring together disabled cyclists, local councillors, transport planners and highways engineers to help the council understand the experience of diverse cyclists and would-be-cyclists in Islington.
Participants were trained to ride unconventional cycles, such as tricycles and hand powered cycles, and will now use their experiences to feed into the council’s Local Plan Review and Transport Strategy, which will deliver better streets for all.
The day finished off with a ride from Finsbury Park to the Emirates Stadium, to highlight challenges and opportunities to improve the cycle environment.
- Fresh Start through the London Living Wage 8 November 2019
- Peace Cup celebrates diversity and faith 8 November 2019
- Have you had your flu jab? 6 November 2019
- Let’s talk digital 5 November 2019
- Who is your favourite Islington Market Trader? 21 October 2019
- Double celebrations for Central Library 16 October 2019