Islington Councillors and council officers have been learning about inclusive cycling at Finsbury Park to help make the borough’s streets more accessible for all.
The inclusive cycling day was organised with Pedal Power cycling club and Wheels for Wellbeing to bring together disabled cyclists, local councillors, transport planners and highways engineers to help the council understand the experience of diverse cyclists and would-be-cyclists in Islington.
Participants were trained to ride unconventional cycles, such as tricycles and hand powered cycles, and will now use their experiences to feed into the council’s Local Plan Review and Transport Strategy, which will deliver better streets for all.
The day finished off with a ride from Finsbury Park to the Emirates Stadium, to highlight challenges and opportunities to improve the cycle environment.
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019