Islington Councillors and council officers have been learning about inclusive cycling at Finsbury Park to help make the borough’s streets more accessible for all.
The inclusive cycling day was organised with Pedal Power cycling club and Wheels for Wellbeing to bring together disabled cyclists, local councillors, transport planners and highways engineers to help the council understand the experience of diverse cyclists and would-be-cyclists in Islington.
Participants were trained to ride unconventional cycles, such as tricycles and hand powered cycles, and will now use their experiences to feed into the council’s Local Plan Review and Transport Strategy, which will deliver better streets for all.
The day finished off with a ride from Finsbury Park to the Emirates Stadium, to highlight challenges and opportunities to improve the cycle environment.
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019