Islington Councillors and council officers have been learning about inclusive cycling at Finsbury Park to help make the borough’s streets more accessible for all.
The inclusive cycling day was organised with Pedal Power cycling club and Wheels for Wellbeing to bring together disabled cyclists, local councillors, transport planners and highways engineers to help the council understand the experience of diverse cyclists and would-be-cyclists in Islington.
Participants were trained to ride unconventional cycles, such as tricycles and hand powered cycles, and will now use their experiences to feed into the council’s Local Plan Review and Transport Strategy, which will deliver better streets for all.
The day finished off with a ride from Finsbury Park to the Emirates Stadium, to highlight challenges and opportunities to improve the cycle environment.
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020
- Better places for everyone: why making streets people-friendly will boost our health 3 December 2020