Eating sustainably and healthily
Food that’s good for your body is often good for the environment too.
Eating healthier foods gives us a double-whammy – like going to the gym and taking out the recycling at the same time.
Eat well for you, and you’re eating well for the planet.
Ingredients like beans, pulses, fruits and veggies are packed full of the goodies we need, and also take less space and water to grow.
Plus, when we bulk up our food with veg, it goes further – saving us money.
Ca-ching! Now that’s something everyone should know a-sprout.
Did you know?
If everyone in London went meat free one day a week we could reduce harmful greenhouse gases by over 450,000 tonnes per year? That has the same impact as taking 1700 cars off the road!
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020
- Better places for everyone: why making streets people-friendly will boost our health 3 December 2020