Energy Doctor in the Home
Islington’s Energy Doctors in the Home offer low income and vulnerable residents simple energy saving measures including low energy light bulbs, draught proofing, reflective radiator panels, and water saving devices to help them take control of their energy use.
They give advice on using heating controls best, switching off appliances when not in use, and understanding gas and electricity bills.
With about 20 per cent of homes in Islington struggling to pay their energy bills, in-home advice and small energy saving measures can typically save around 10 per cent on energy bills.
Islington’s Energy Doctors have visited 6,500 homes in the borough so far.
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019