Enjoy a clean air walk
You can now protect yourself from pollution with a quicker, quieter route from the Whittington Hospital to the shops, cafes and restaurants of Archway town centre.
Enjoy stepping away from the grey of the main roads and towards the multi-coloured clean air walk in a hidden corner of Archway. The route passes a lovely park, children’s playground and a mural depicting lichen close up. This extraordinary organism only grows in places where the air is clean.
Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Read more about how Islington improving air quality
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020
- Better places for everyone: why making streets people-friendly will boost our health 3 December 2020
- Help stop coronavirus – become a Covid-19 Health Champion 2 December 2020