Enjoy a clean air walk
You can now protect yourself from pollution with a quicker, quieter route from the Whittington Hospital to the shops, cafes and restaurants of Archway town centre.
Enjoy stepping away from the grey of the main roads and towards the multi-coloured clean air walk in a hidden corner of Archway. The route passes a lovely park, children’s playground and a mural depicting lichen close up. This extraordinary organism only grows in places where the air is clean.
Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Read more about how Islington improving air quality
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020
- Biography of a carer: Barney 12 June 2020
- Make your own face covering 10 June 2020