Enjoy a clean air walk
You can now protect yourself from pollution with a quicker, quieter route from the Whittington Hospital to the shops, cafes and restaurants of Archway town centre.
Enjoy stepping away from the grey of the main roads and towards the multi-coloured clean air walk in a hidden corner of Archway. The route passes a lovely park, children’s playground and a mural depicting lichen close up. This extraordinary organism only grows in places where the air is clean.
Taking a side road instead of a main road can reduce your exposure to pollution by 20 per cent. Pollution is harmful to us all and especially bad for children, the elderly and those with existing health problems.
Here’s the map, let us know what you think, email.
Read more about how Islington improving air quality
- Reasons to shop local 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Shop local in Holloway 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020