Finsbury Park anniversary
Islington came together to mark the first anniversary of the Finsbury Park terrorist attack. We remembered the victims, paid tribute to all those affected and celebrated the strength and spirit of the borough’s community.
On the evening of Monday 18 June, and into the early hours of Tuesday 19 June, there has been light display of #LondonUnited on the outside of Muslim Welfare House in Finsbury Park. This is part of an initiative by the Mayor of London and the Greater London Authority.
On Tuesday 19 June we met outside Islington Town Hall on Upper Street to hear words of remembrance and hold a minute’s silence at 9.30am.
On Saturday 23 June, the Islington Faiths Forum is hosting a ‘Great Get Together’, from 2pm to 3.30pm in the courtyard of Muslim Welfare House to bring the community together in peace and mutual understanding. There are a number of other Great Get Together events taking place over the same weekend.
There is also a Book of Hope in the reception of the Town Hall for people to add their messages. Please come along and enter your message of strength, hope and solidarity.
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020
- Shop Local in Angel and Upper Street 14 October 2020
- Shop Local in Nag’s Head and Holloway 14 October 2020