Free hire of Assembly Hall
Photo: Moveme Dance – Photographer: John Wilson
Applications are now open for the next round of the Islington Assembly Hall Free Hires schemes for events in the hall on selected dates between July and September 2018. Deadline for applications will be noon on Friday 1ST December 2017.
Run in collaboration with Islington Council’s Arts and VCS teams, Islington Assembly Hall offers local community and arts organisations the chance to apply for a free hire of the prestigious grade-II listed venue to hold an event.
Last year several organisations won a free hire slot and held various events. These included the Cubitt Arts Spring Ball, a contemporary tea dance for the over-55s, the Islington Veterans Association, 70th anniversary of VE Day, and a Sport Islington celebration of local young sports stars.
Successful applications must demonstrate a commitment to provide an event or activity with a borough-wide impact that focuses on at least one of the following four areas: community cohesion; children and young people; diversity; and creative ways of engaging local residents.
To apply and for more information, visit the Assembly Hall hire page.
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020
- Biography of a carer: Barney 12 June 2020
- Make your own face covering 10 June 2020