Free school meals
Did you know Islington Council is one of just a few councils in London to provide free school meals to all nursery and primary school children in the borough? If your child in Year 3 or above at an Islington school, good news, they can still get free school meals! But you need to register – click here
Marjon Williers is the council’s dietician for schools and early years. She assesses Islington’s school menus to make sure they’re balanced and healthy.
Marjon says: “Part of my job is to check that school menus have enough fresh fruit and vegetables and don’t include any unnecessary additives. New menus are available every term so there is lots of variety.”
But Marjon’s job is much more than making sure school children are offered healthy, balanced meals. She also advises schools on subjects like food allergies, diabetes, drinking water provision and even trains lunchtime supervisors and breakfast club co-ordinators.
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019
- Interview with Police Inspector Thomas Ashley 6 December 2019
- Spread some cheer this Christmas 5 December 2019
- Our top traders 4 December 2019