Helping vulnerable residents
We continue with our energy series looking at the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents. This time we’re focusing on SHINE, the Seasonal Health Intervention Network, which is a referral scheme for vulnerable residents.
SHINE is Islington’s one stop shop to help vulnerable people out of fuel poverty.
It brings together over 30 different services from energy and water bill discounts to air pollution alerts, from fire safety checks to heating and insulation works to help people keep safe, warm and well in their homes. The full list of services is available here.
When a vulnerable person is referred to SHINE rather than getting just the service they’ve contacted, they’re put in contact with all of the relevant services that can help them. A far more efficient way of making sure vulnerable residents get all of the help they need. SHINE has assisted nearly 14,000 households in Islington since 2010.
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019