How Akiko creates a difference!
Creative activities are a brilliant way to bring people together, develop new skills and even help improve your job prospects. As part of our bid to be the 2019 London Borough of Culture, we are on the lookout for local people like Akiko, who are up for sharing their talents with others. We can give you support and possibly even funding to get you’re your ideas off the ground!
Akiko has been sharing her culture with other Islington residents for many years. She has set up a foundation which promotes health and well-being through Japanese arts, dance and cooking workshops. Her mission is to make arts and culture accessible to everyone in the community.
“I work especially with older people and love to see the unity that my workshops can bring,” she says. “I get feedback from older people saying that my workshops help them feel part of the community and that they have found a new love arts and culture.”
We would love to hear from more people like Akiko. If you – or someone you know – could create a difference please check out this page.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019