Improving Astey’s Row playground
Astey’s Row playground is getting a facelift and work is starting on Monday 7 January 2019.
Taking New River Walk as its inspiration, the new design extends the existing rock garden to create a winding, playful landscape with pockets of bold and adventurous play for all ages.
The playground will also become home to a bug hotel, a bog garden and the multi-use games area (MUGA) will be upgraded, creating a space that will have something for everyone!
The design is based around natural play, with a boulder-scape being installed, as well as a tree-top trail and water play. The ever-popular sandpit is staying. A bog garden and stag beetle hotel is also going to be included to help increase biodiversity and add a new dimension to Astey’s Row. The bug hotel is a structure created to provide shelter for insects to give them a helping hand in today’s harsh environment.
The works mean that the playground will be closed from Monday 7 January 2019 for 12 weeks.
Find out more about this project here
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020