Islington Green Gym
Islington Green Gym is a small conservation and garden group in Elthorne Park and Sunnyside Community Garden in N19. We speak to Trudi Wilkinson about it and how you can get involved.
“The Islington Green Gym is a fun and free outdoor session to help people keep active, improve their health and learn about practical conservation. With no experience necessary, it is open to everyone and completely free to anyone that wishes to join in and feel good!
“Unlike other gardening and conservation projects, the emphasis is very much on health and fitness – volunteers warm up and cool down in preparation for a range of light to vigorous activities to suit all abilities.
“The aim of Green Gyms is to support positive changes in the health of participants and the green spaces they create and maintain. Green Gyms work to transform people’s health and wellbeing through weekly participation in outdoor activities. They provide opportunities for people to get fitter, learn new skills and give their time to conserve nature.
“The Islington Green Gym runs regularly every Monday (except Bank Holidays) starting at 10.45am until 2pm and we provide all tools, gloves and light refreshments of tea, coffee and fruit at break time.
If you want to get involved please get in touch with the team, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019