National art competition winners
Young residents transformed construction hoardings into art, with help from partnership housing developer Lovell.
Lovell invited the young residents of Dover Court estate – where the company is undertaking a major regeneration programme for Islington Council – to paint the hoardings around the site. Around 20 young people from the estate brought the hoardings to life.
The young artists are now celebrating after their colourful murals were chosen as a winner in the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s national Hoarding Competition. They have been presented with medals, certificates and goody bags, as well as a trophy and celebratory banner.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019