Islington’s insulation robot
The Q-Bot is a clever small robot vehicle that Islington council is using to insulate under suspended timber floors in draughty old homes where residents with serious health needs live.
Many older homes have suspended timber floors and these small spaces are very difficult to insulate without the hassle and expense involved in lifting the floorboards.
The Q-Bot can easily get into these spaces to insulate directly under the floorboards saving the resident an average of £220 a year on their energy bills.
This is part of the work the council is doing to make energy cheaper and greener in the borough. Read more about the new technologies being used here.
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019