Islington’s insulation robot
The Q-Bot is a clever small robot vehicle that Islington council is using to insulate under suspended timber floors in draughty old homes where residents with serious health needs live.
Many older homes have suspended timber floors and these small spaces are very difficult to insulate without the hassle and expense involved in lifting the floorboards.
The Q-Bot can easily get into these spaces to insulate directly under the floorboards saving the resident an average of £220 a year on their energy bills.
This is part of the work the council is doing to make energy cheaper and greener in the borough. Read more about the new technologies being used here.
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019