Love Parks Week
We love parks
To mark Love Parks Week, the borough is running a whole host of events during the national celebration of our local parks and green spaces. The fun actually runs for ten days, from Friday 23 July to Sunday 1 August.
Parks and green spaces are all the more important to us during these unprecedented times. Over the last 16 months, being able to relax, play, and meet loved ones – while staying safe – has been a real boost to our mental and physical health.
All events are free – just come along (please book in advance where indicated)!
- Friday 23, 11am-1pm, New River Walk, volunteer session. Activities will include weeding, litter picking and pruning.
- Saturday 24, 11am-12.30pm, Caledonian Park, walking tour. Please book in advance on Eventbrite.
- Saturday 24, 12.30-3.30pm, Caledonian Park dog event – Scruffs. Dog experts on hand to answer any dog related questions, tips and practical advice. All our four-legged friends must be on a lead please!
- Monday 26, 1-4pm, King Square Gardens lawn games. Activities will include badminton, swing ball and football.
- Monday 26, 10-11am, Caledonian Park, under 5s story-time. Please book in advance on Eventbrite.
- Monday 26, 11am-12.30pm, Whittington Park, pot a plant. All tools and materials provided (please wear your own gloves if you can, but we will provide gloves if needed)
- Tuesday 27, 10-11am, online. To join us on this virtual walk down Caledonian Road, please book in advance on Eventbrite.
- Wednesday 28, 1-4pm, Spa Fields, lawn games. Activities will include badminton, swing ball and hoops.
- Thursday 29, 2-6pm, Caledonian Park, Dr Bike will be on hand to help you with repairs and maintenance of your two-wheeled best friend.
- Thursday 29, 3.30-6pm, Caledonian Park, dog event – Scruffs. Dog experts on hand to answer any dog related questions, tips and practical advice. All our four-legged friends must be on a lead please!
- Friday 30, 11am-1pm, Caledonian Park, volunteer activity – become a litter hero!
And if you’re simply looking for your own peaceful and quiet time to celebrate Islington’s beautiful ‘green lungs’, you can always find an alternative place to relax or roam. For details, visit the council’s website:
If you’d like to mark Love Parks Week on your personal social media, please keep us in the loop, perhaps with a photo and mention of your favourite Islington park or green space. We’re @IslingtonLife on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can use any or all of these hashtags to join the national parks love-in: #LoveParks #RespectParks #ProtectParks #LoveParksWeek. Thank you!
The Love Parks campaign is delivered by Keep Britain Tidy with support from the People’s Postcode Lottery and the Postcode Earth Trust.