Make a difference to someone sleeping rough
Rough sleeping is awful at any time of the year, but more so during the winter months. If you want to help make a real difference to someone rough sleeping this winter, please consider making a donation to the Islington Giving Homeless Catalyst Fund
The fund will provide small grants of up to £500 directly to people sleeping on the streets, or who have a recent history of rough sleeping in Islington. This includes people who Islington Council have supported into accommodation but continue to work with – people in hostels and temporary accommodation from rough sleeping.
Every single penny given will go to people in need, and grants will be tailored towards the individuals needs and aspirations.
To find out more and make a donation, visit Islingtongiving.org.uk
What else can you do to help?
- If you are concerned about someone rough sleeping, contact Streetlink: Call 0300 500 0914 or visit www.streetlink.org
- Talk to the person. Being kind and interested can be invaluable
- Buy a copy of The Big Issue magazine from a registered vendor
- Volunteer your time to one of our local charities who support homelessness people
- Creating people-friendly streets 28 July 2020
- Islington’s sewing heroes 24 July 2020
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020