Make a difference to someone sleeping rough
Rough sleeping is awful at any time of the year, but more so during the winter months. If you want to help make a real difference to someone rough sleeping this winter, please consider making a donation to the Islington Giving Homeless Catalyst Fund
The fund will provide small grants of up to £500 directly to people sleeping on the streets, or who have a recent history of rough sleeping in Islington. This includes people who Islington Council have supported into accommodation but continue to work with – people in hostels and temporary accommodation from rough sleeping.
Every single penny given will go to people in need, and grants will be tailored towards the individuals needs and aspirations.
To find out more and make a donation, visit Islingtongiving.org.uk
What else can you do to help?
- If you are concerned about someone rough sleeping, contact Streetlink: Call 0300 500 0914 or visit www.streetlink.org
- Talk to the person. Being kind and interested can be invaluable
- Buy a copy of The Big Issue magazine from a registered vendor
- Volunteer your time to one of our local charities who support homelessness people
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020