Make your Christmas ‘green’
Most residents in Islington recycle regularly and Christmas need not be any different. There are loads of ways that you can make your festive season environmentally-friendly with these easy tips.
You can find out lots of ways to make the most of your Christmas leftovers by searching recipe ideas online. But if you have a food waste recycling bin (all street properties and many flats do), you can recycle all your food left overs into lovely new compost.
Christmas cards and wrapping paper
You could keep your Christmas cards and use them for gift tags next year! Otherwise, you can recycle all your Christmas cards and wrapping paper, unless it is glittery or metalised wrapping paper (if you scrunch it and it stays scrunched, it can be recycled!)
Fold and flatten cardboard before putting it out for recycling. If you’re using a communal recycling bin, please help keep them tidy by putting the cardboard inside the bins. Please remove plastic wrap and masking tape if you can.
Cans and bottles
These can all be recycled in your green box, your clear recycling sack, or your nearest communal recycling site.
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020