Nominate your local hero
Unsung local heroes that go that extra mile to make Islington a better place to live and work can get well-deserved recognition and thanks for their hard work at the Mayor’s Civic Awards and Ben Kinsella Award 2020.
Every year Islington recognises and celebrates the huge difference local people make to their community and how their actions bring positive change to the lives of others. However, these actions often go unnoticed so the awards are an important opportunity to recognise and reward the hard work and positive impact of individuals, families and groups.
The Mayor’s Civic Award Scheme acknowledges volunteers, campaigners and fundraisers who are at the very heart of Islington’s thriving local community. The Ben Kinsella Award, given in memory of Ben Kinsella, is a special youth award that recognises the contribution of an inspiring young person. It is open to residents under 18 that have gone above and beyond in their volunteering activities, sports, music or campaigning – amongst many others.
If you would like to nominate someone to receive either a Civic Award or the Ben Kinsella Award use this link to the council website and complete the application form. The closing date for nominations is Friday, 24 January 2020.
Award winners will be announced on Thursday, 12 March at a high-profile ceremony in Islington’s Assembly Hall.
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020
- Better places for everyone: why making streets people-friendly will boost our health 3 December 2020
- Help stop coronavirus – become a Covid-19 Health Champion 2 December 2020