Reasons to shop local ?️
We all know that Islington’s fab small, local businesses are what make the borough such a great place to live, work, and SHOP! That’s why we’ve pulled together a list of all the reasons that when you go out and shop in the borough, it really *does* help.
- Money spent locally stays in the community. Did you know every pound spent at an independent business contributes three times more money into the local economy compared to money spent at a chain?
- Local business owners have roots in the community, just like you. Independent business owners tend to make decisions with their community in mind.
- Locally-owned businesses create more jobs in the community since they often use other local business such as printers, accountants, lawyers, etc.
- Shopping locally is generally better for the environment, helping to cut transportation, air pollution and packaging waste.
- Small business owners are more likely to go above and beyond for their customers because they are personally invested in their business.
- This directory lists many small independent businesses that you might like to visit or order from – and why not add your favourite business if it’s not already there?
There are shopping hubs throughout Islington, all open for business. Now more than ever, explore the vibrant and diverse array of shops, markets and businesses on your doorstep. You can shop local *and* shop safely – Islington Council is working with local businesses on social distancing, customer safety, employee safety, and more. You can shop with confidence. Read more about some of the businesses participating: Covid Safe Businesses – helping us all.