Reclaim the streets
Children and families in Islington are turning the roads outside their homes into temporary play streets, and you can too!
Play streets give local children a safe and secure environment to play outdoors in the street near their home for a few hours. There are 14 play streets in Islington, including Prah Road in N4, which started in May.
Nicola Baird helped set up the regular event in Prah Road with the help of local families. She said: “Some neighbours made the application to the council back in March to turn Prah Road into a dedicated play street every third Sunday from May until October. Now we have fab signs at the end of the road making it look really official.
“It’s a great way to let the kids let off steam outside, meet neighbours and get to know the community better. I’d recommend other streets have a go doing this.”
The next Prah Road play street will be on 21 October from 2-5pm.
(Photo credit: Nicola Baird)
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019