With the competition now closed and the judging completed, Islington In Bloom entrants have an anxious wait. It has been a whopping year, with 215 entries received – up 60 per cent on 2016 – and the standard has been as high as ever!
The most popular category by far is the Best Front Garden, followed by Best Container Garden and Best Tree Pit. There are 13 categories in total.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at Islington Assembly Hall on Wednesday 13 September.
In the meantime, judges for London In Bloom are due to visit the borough in early July, and Britain In Bloom judges are due to come in August.
A big thank you to everyone who entered, keep watering and good luck!
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019