Saving the council money
We continue with our energy series looking at the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents.
This time we’re looking at the energy-saving measures have saved the council over £250,000, which is being invested in front line services.
LED lighting and ventilation improvements have made their buildings more energy efﬁcient and reduced running costs.
We installed enough solar panels to cover 11 tennis courts last year. That’s over 3,000 m2 of solar panels which are delivering over 400,000 kWh of green electricity to help reduce the amount of electricity the council buys, giving it more income and helping reduce its CO2 emissions by 251 tonnes per year.
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019