Shop Local in Angel and Upper Street
Sandra believes local businesses like hers need support, for the good of the wider community, not just the people who run them.
For just over two years, Sandra has operated as a trader in Chapel Market, selling high quality clothing for fashion conscious women. Like many others, Sandra’s business has been adversely affected by the Covid-19 lockdown and the subsequent economic downturn.
“In Chapel Market, we don’t just sell to the consumer, we support each other. Some stall holders know their customers on a first name basis. The market is united in one thing. We need our customers to keep coming to the market, so that it is not phased out. We need the support of the people living in Islington.”
For information on the support available to local businesses, visit www.islington.gov.uk/coronavirus-information-for-business
- Ready, steady, census 26 January 2021
- Designing the New Youth Employment Hub for West Library together 26 January 2021
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021