Shop Local in Angel and Upper Street
Sandra believes local businesses like hers need support, for the good of the wider community, not just the people who run them.
For just over two years, Sandra has operated as a trader in Chapel Market, selling high quality clothing for fashion conscious women. Like many others, Sandra’s business has been adversely affected by the Covid-19 lockdown and the subsequent economic downturn.
“In Chapel Market, we don’t just sell to the consumer, we support each other. Some stall holders know their customers on a first name basis. The market is united in one thing. We need our customers to keep coming to the market, so that it is not phased out. We need the support of the people living in Islington.”
For information on the support available to local businesses, visit www.islington.gov.uk/coronavirus-information-for-business
- Reasons to shop local 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Shop local in Holloway 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020