Shop local in Holloway 🛍️
Vivien of Holloway is a vintage clothing reproduction business, with a focus on patterns from the 1950s. They have been operating for 11 years and employ 10 people. The Covid-19 pandemic has posed a lot of new challenges for the team. Before the lockdown, business was booming.
“There was never a quiet day at our shop with a steady hustle and bustle of people visiting from all over the world! Many of our customers included tourists who came to check out the shop and also visit the local sights.
“The lockdown meant that we had to shut our shop for a while and focus on selling our products online. We wanted to make sure our customers and staff were both safe.”
Since lockdown measures have been relaxed, they have also reopened the physical store with new safety protocols in place:
“We have organised sanitation stations and will also be appointment based only to begin with. This means one or two customers will be in the shop at a time while keeping a safe distance from each other. Masks will also be required to be worn.”
“When you support a small business, you’re also supporting the community.”
- No Smoking Day 2021 3 March 2021
- Step Up to Social Work and make a difference to people’s lives. 16 February 2021
- New Highbury Pool set to make a splash 15 February 2021
- LGBT+ local history 14 February 2021
- Celebrating Islington apprentices in National Apprenticeship Week 9 February 2021
- Shereen’s apprenticeship story 8 February 2021