Shop Local in Nag’s Head and Holloway
“I’m worried that if people don’t support local businesses like mine the high street as we know it will die.”
Michael has been running his fruit, vegetable, and grocery business for nearly 30 years and employs eight part-time and full-time members of staff.
“Unfortunately, I had to close my shop throughout the lockdown, and now that I’m open again business is really slow. People are scared to be too close to other people and are worried about coming into the shop now.
“We’ve put in place a number of safety measures to make sure our customers are safe. This includes requesting customers always wear a face covering, installing hand sanitisers, and placing social distancing reminder signs around the shop.
For information on the support available to local businesses, visit www.islington.gov.uk/business/coronavirus-information-for-business
- Reasons to shop local 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Shop local in Holloway 🛍️ 22 October 2020
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020