Shop Local in Nag’s Head and Holloway
“I’m worried that if people don’t support local businesses like mine the high street as we know it will die.”
Michael has been running his fruit, vegetable, and grocery business for nearly 30 years and employs eight part-time and full-time members of staff.
“Unfortunately, I had to close my shop throughout the lockdown, and now that I’m open again business is really slow. People are scared to be too close to other people and are worried about coming into the shop now.
“We’ve put in place a number of safety measures to make sure our customers are safe. This includes requesting customers always wear a face covering, installing hand sanitisers, and placing social distancing reminder signs around the shop.
For information on the support available to local businesses, visit www.islington.gov.uk/business/coronavirus-information-for-business
- Ready, steady, census 26 January 2021
- Designing the New Youth Employment Hub for West Library together 26 January 2021
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021