Smart energy – giving residents control
Our energy series continues where we look at some of the different ways the council is making it cleaner and greener for residents. This time its smart technology for home heating controls.
Islington Council is upgrading heating controls on the Redbrick Estate with new smart timers. All the individual control systems in the flats feed back to the main estate boiler system, which will then know exactly how much heat it needs to produce at any one time. That means less energy use and lower energy bills!
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019