Solar battery storage
Islington Council is keeping an eye on the sunshine! An exciting pilot study has seen battery storage technology installed in people’s homes in Islington, Camden, and Waltham Forest. The battery systems, funded by NEA, store electricity generated by solar panels. By capturing the sun’s energy residents will be able to use the spare electricity at night when they may need it. The ‘smart’ batteries make sure that they only charge when there is spare energy created by the Solar panels.
As long summer days are finally here we can see the full potential of the British-made batteries alongside the Solar PV panels. The batteries are manufactured by Moixa who monitor them throughout the day to check they are performing correctly. The information will also show how different people’s energy usage or lifestyles may have an impact on the potential energy savings.
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019