Solar battery storage
Islington Council is keeping an eye on the sunshine! An exciting pilot study has seen battery storage technology installed in people’s homes in Islington, Camden, and Waltham Forest. The battery systems, funded by NEA, store electricity generated by solar panels. By capturing the sun’s energy residents will be able to use the spare electricity at night when they may need it. The ‘smart’ batteries make sure that they only charge when there is spare energy created by the Solar panels.
As long summer days are finally here we can see the full potential of the British-made batteries alongside the Solar PV panels. The batteries are manufactured by Moixa who monitor them throughout the day to check they are performing correctly. The information will also show how different people’s energy usage or lifestyles may have an impact on the potential energy savings.
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019