Spread some cheer this Christmas
There’s no better gift to give someone this Christmas than your time. Whether you want to help the homeless, serve up a meal or fundraise, there are lots of volunteering opportunities right here in Islington.
Crisis at Christmas
Crisis provides immediate help for homeless people at its day and rough sleeper centres. With a range of volunteering roles available you can help to cook and serve meals, share your skills as a hairdresser, health professional or entertainer, or have a chat and play games with guests. Register your interest at www.crisis.org.uk.
Manor Gardens Welfare Trust
A health and wellbeing charity, Manor Gardens prepares personal Christmas hampers for clients every Christmas. They’re looking for dry foods like pasta, coffee, crackers and chocolate, and toiletries, socks and scarves to go in their hampers this year.
They are also recruiting year-round volunteers to visit an older person in their home for one hour a week to chat and keep them socially connected. If you’re interested in offering a helping hand, get in touch through www.manorgardenscentre.org.
CARIS cold weather shelters
CARIS provides shelter for over 100 people in need at seven of Islington’s churches through the coldest months of the year. They rely on the work of volunteers to prepare meals and spend time with guests. Visit www.carisislington.org for more information.
[Blob] If you’re interested in volunteering at any time of the year contact Voluntary Action Islington for opportunities at www.vai.org.uk.
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020
- Better places for everyone: why making streets people-friendly will boost our health 3 December 2020