Support for neighbours over 65
North London Cares has started its annual Winter Wellbeing project in partnership with Camden & Islington councils. The aim of the project is to support older neighbours aged 65 and over during the most isolating time of the year.
They will do this by knocking on doors and meeting people in the community to make sure that as many people as possible can stay warm, active, healthy and connected.
From now through to February 2018 North London Cares will be able to offer older neighbours small items of warm clothing, connect them with partner organisations to help with warmer homes, direct people to health services and flu jab providers, arrange small grants, and connect people to year-round social activites in Camden and Islington.
Please let anyone in your community who you think might benefit from learning more about this project know. For further information please contact Roxi Rustem on 0207 118 3838 or email email@example.com
- ‘Achieving my dreams’ with help from the council 6 February 2020
- Islington remembers victims on Holocaust Memorial Day 29 January 2020
- Our chat with Seán, project manager at Islington’s Pride 29 January 2020
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019