Supporting local businesses
Small, independent and local business are one of the things that makes Islington such a great place to live but shops, bars, restaurants and other businesses have been hit hard by the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). During the first lockdown in spring, we saw local businesses adapt at astonishing speed to help Islington, and as we head into another lockdown this autumn, we know that all local traders will do what they can to help.
To help support them, Islington Council is building a directory of all businesses that are operating in the borough. These businesses are operating safely and have been checked by the council’s Environmental Health or Trading Standards teams. Businesses listed in the directory may be open and adhering to social distancing guidelines, offering a takeaway service, delivering supplies to drop at your door, or operating a service online.
- Once you’ve opened the Directory, click ‘Show Layers’ on the left hand menu, then ‘COVID-19 Support – Shop Local’
- You can then search by ticking a category of business, which will display in the main body of the map
- If you move location or zoom out, you will need to refresh the map by clicking the refresh button at the top of the map
- You can keep a pop up box in view by clicking the location pin of that trader
- The map will time out after 10 minutes of inactivity, so please refresh your browser to continue.
If you would like to add your business to the directory, including business that are still open but may not be operating an online or delivery service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your businesses information, namely:
- business name
- phone number
- opening hours
- delivery – yes/no?
- collection – yes/no?
- phone – yes/no?
- online payments – yes/no?
- No Smoking Day 2021 3 March 2021
- Step Up to Social Work and make a difference to people’s lives. 16 February 2021
- New Highbury Pool set to make a splash 15 February 2021
- LGBT+ local history 14 February 2021
- Celebrating Islington apprentices in National Apprenticeship Week 9 February 2021
- Shereen’s apprenticeship story 8 February 2021