Take summer to the next level
By Deputy Young Mayor Tega Agbede
As a young person and in my role as Deputy Young Mayor I am looking forward to the summer after a busy few months of revision and exams.
Summer is your first big break from school or college, and you should take the stage to shine. The opportunities you can take up during this time can be defining moments which could shape your life and open your eyes to new horizons.
I currently play basketball and this summer I am looking forward to working on my game so that I will be able to play in a national league.
I took part in Summervesity last summer and it gave me the freedom to explore new activities without the fear of judgement. Also I did track and cross county through Access to Sports.
This year I also look forward to trying some of the activities on offer through Launchpad and I encourage you all to get involved too!
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019
- What our new home means to us 16 July 2019