Tech space to launch in Finsbury Park
A new co-working and events space is opening in Finsbury Park to help put the area on the map as a fair tech-hub in the north of Islington.
Space4 will open on October 26 providing workspace on a pay-what-you-can basis, an events series and mentoring to inspire and educate a new generation of digital workers interested in creating social value rather than shareholder profits.
Speaking at the launch event are: Ed Mayo, Secretary General of Co-operatives UK, Alice Casey, Senior Development Manager at NESTA, Ali Torabi, Digital Campaigner at the TUC, and Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington Council’s Executive Member for Economic Development.
Szczepan Orlowski, member of Animorph, a young co-op developing AR and VR applications, said: “We’re exhilarated to be a part of Space4. Having affordable desk and space hire is a great springboard to us. Meeting driven people from more experienced co-ops is also invaluable.”
The launch event will take place at Space4, 149 Fonthill Road, N4 3HF on Thursday 26 October, from 5pm-9pm.
- Islington in Bloom 2019 3 September 2019
- Celebrating our wonderful borough! 31 July 2019
- Young Islington cyclist runner up in the prestigious Bikeability Trainee of the Year Award 30 July 2019
- Go Islington 2019 photos 29 July 2019
- Your local parkrun 24 July 2019
- Put your food bill on ice 16 July 2019