Thanking NHS heroes
Finsbury Park Mosque in partnership with Human Appeal and Wishes Catering handed out 100 meals to NHS workers at The Whittington Hospital, to say thank you for their hard work and the sacrifices they have made in order to protect us all.
Mohammed Kozbar, the Chairman of Finsbury Park Mosque, said: “We as a local Mosque are proud to do our bit for our local communities here in Islington especially our NHS staff who are looking after us, also our elderly and those who are the most vulnerable.”
Abid Shah, coordinating Human Appeal’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak across the UK, said: “Feeding our NHS heroes is the least we can do to show our appreciation and endless thanks for their efforts during this testing time for us all.”
If you have a story of kindness that you would like to tell us about, email firstname.lastname@example.org or share a post on social media and tag @islingtonlife and we will share it.
- No Smoking Day 2021 3 March 2021
- Step Up to Social Work and make a difference to people’s lives. 16 February 2021
- New Highbury Pool set to make a splash 15 February 2021
- LGBT+ local history 14 February 2021
- Celebrating Islington apprentices in National Apprenticeship Week 9 February 2021
- Shereen’s apprenticeship story 8 February 2021