We love our markets: Manisha Patel
We love Islington’s markets. They are hubs of our communities and a great place to meet people and shop. During Love Your Local Market, from 17-23 May, we highlight some of our fabulous street traders. Meet Manisha…
Manisha is the culinary creative behind Karuna, an Indian street food stall in Whitecross Street.
“I’ve worked here for 10 years. I like this market, it’s busy all the time. The other traders are very friendly,” she says.
Cooking is her hobby and she devises all the recipes for the curries.
“Indian spice is the secret, but it’s my secret recipe and I never give it to anyone,” she jokes.
Read our interviews with other Islington traders:
Love Your Local Market 2019 is taking place from 17-23 May with the theme ‘markets close to your heart’. Find out more
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020
- Biography of a carer: Barney 12 June 2020
- Make your own face covering 10 June 2020