We love our markets: Manisha Patel
We love Islington’s markets. They are hubs of our communities and a great place to meet people and shop. During Love Your Local Market, from 17-23 May, we highlight some of our fabulous street traders. Meet Manisha…
Manisha is the culinary creative behind Karuna, an Indian street food stall in Whitecross Street.
“I’ve worked here for 10 years. I like this market, it’s busy all the time. The other traders are very friendly,” she says.
Cooking is her hobby and she devises all the recipes for the curries.
“Indian spice is the secret, but it’s my secret recipe and I never give it to anyone,” she jokes.
Read our interviews with other Islington traders:
Love Your Local Market 2019 is taking place from 17-23 May with the theme ‘markets close to your heart’.
- Islington GP practices vaccinate thousands of residents to protect them from the flu 20 October 2020
- Your community, your neighbours, #YouRIslington 19 October 2020
- How Kelly found new work in the care sector 15 October 2020
- Shop Local in Finsbury Park 14 October 2020
- Shop Local in Angel and Upper Street 14 October 2020
- Shop Local in Nag’s Head and Holloway 14 October 2020