Winter support for neighbours over 65
The annual Winter Wellbeing project, run by North London Cares, is underway and supporting residents aged 65 and over.
Volunteers knock on doors and meet people in the community to make sure older people can stay warm, active, and connected during the most isolating time of the year.
Residents are offered small items of warm clothing and put in touch with partner organisations that can help them heat their homes, get a flu jab, arrange small grants, or find out about social activities throughout the year.
If you know someone in your community who you think might benefit from this project, or would like to know more yourself, contact Juliet McNelly on 020 7118 3838 or email email@example.com
- Creating people-friendly streets 28 July 2020
- Islington’s sewing heroes 24 July 2020
- A Windrush story: Neville and Daphne 20 June 2020
- Islington Giving – if you can, please support this crisis fund for local people 17 June 2020
- Windrush Day 2020 17 June 2020
- Blooming brilliant competition returns online 15 June 2020