Winter support for neighbours over 65
The annual Winter Wellbeing project, run by North London Cares, is underway and supporting residents aged 65 and over.
Volunteers knock on doors and meet people in the community to make sure older people can stay warm, active, and connected during the most isolating time of the year.
Residents are offered small items of warm clothing and put in touch with partner organisations that can help them heat their homes, get a flu jab, arrange small grants, or find out about social activities throughout the year.
If you know someone in your community who you think might benefit from this project, or would like to know more yourself, contact Juliet McNelly on 020 7118 3838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shop Local in Archway 22 January 2021
- Islington Volunteer of the Year 2020 19 January 2021
- Nominate someone for a Mayor’s Civic Award 8 January 2021
- Adult learning can turn your life around 5 January 2021
- Copenhagen Food Bank thank their generous local donors 21 December 2020
- Elthorne Pride’s Quilt of Hope 15 December 2020