Winter support for neighbours over 65
The annual Winter Wellbeing project, run by North London Cares, is underway and supporting residents aged 65 and over.
Volunteers knock on doors and meet people in the community to make sure older people can stay warm, active, and connected during the most isolating time of the year.
Residents are offered small items of warm clothing and put in touch with partner organisations that can help them heat their homes, get a flu jab, arrange small grants, or find out about social activities throughout the year.
If you know someone in your community who you think might benefit from this project, or would like to know more yourself, contact Juliet McNelly on 020 7118 3838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Award for Market Road manager 14 January 2020
- Get ready for a new you in 2020 30 December 2019
- Make a difference to someone sleeping rough 20 December 2019
- Winter support for neighbours over 65 12 December 2019
- Top tips for staying well this winter 12 December 2019
- Ten tips for a waste free Christmas 9 December 2019