Aikido is a Japanese martial art that encourages skill, fitness, co-ordination and mental calm and focus.
Training involves exercises, ukemi (learning how to respond to an attack safely) and technique. You learn to harmonise mind, body and spirit within a martial art.
Classes are held at Archway Methodist Church, for all level and abilities, from a complete beginner or with experience.
Aikido for beginners on Thursdays, from 7pm-8pm and on Saturdays, from 2pm-3pm.
Cost: £10 for a trial session or £40 for a 4 week course. Booking is required prior to the classes.
The Saturday class is also suitable for children aged 7-15 years-old. Parental permission is required.
Sessions are available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 6pm-7pm and Saturdays from 1pm-2pm.
These are suitable for individual , pair or small groups. Sessions can be bespoke and focus on various areas of training.
Contact Michelle by email or call 07736 813 875 for more information.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington Art Society’s autumn exhibition
- Anne Frank and Family exhibition
- Deaf repairs training session
- Glow in the Angel
- Free family fun day!
- Christmas lights switch-ons
- Islington Menorah lighting
- Chapel Market Christmas Cracker
- Craft particles and mulled wine
- Inter Faith Week
- Science Cafe: Cartoon Science
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty
- Visit MakeArt exhibition