Aikido is a Japanese martial art that encourages skill, fitness, co-ordination and mental calm and focus.
Training involves exercises, ukemi (learning how to respond to an attack safely) and technique. You learn to harmonise mind, body and spirit within a martial art.
Classes are held at Archway Methodist Church, for all level and abilities, from a complete beginner or with experience.
Please note sessions have been suspended until further notice.
Aikido for beginners on Thursdays, from 7pm-8pm and on Saturdays, from 2pm-3pm.
Cost: £10 for a trial session or £40 for a 4 week course. Booking is required prior to the classes.
The Saturday class is also suitable for children aged 7-15 years-old. Parental permission is required.
Sessions are available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 6pm-7pm and Saturdays from 1pm-2pm.
These are suitable for individual , pair or small groups. Sessions can be bespoke and focus on various areas of training.
Contact Michelle by email or call 07736 813 875 for more information.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People