Borrow real art for free
Holloway Art Lending Library (HALL) promotes the work of local professional and amateur artists, and makes their art accessible to local people.
Its collection is on permanent exhibit in Resource for London’s first floor gallery. The gallery is accessible to the public Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. Please note the gallery is currently closed until further notice because of coronavirus restrictions.
Lending sessions take place quarterly where members can borrow and return pieces to the collection. The collection is continually growing and changing as new artists join, and pieces are borrowed and returned by members.
HALL is a trust-based project. Membership is free and it is free to exhibit. HALL does not charge commission for pieces sold.
“My sterile rented flat has really been enlivened by the pieces I’ve borrowed from the Holloway Art Lending Library,” said Kris Fowler, member.
Membership is open to anyone 16 or over living or working in Islington, Camden, Haringey or Hackney.
HALL was launched in 2014 and the collection currently has more than 100 pieces from 28 contributing artists.
The first floor gallery is wheelchair accessible.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s