Borrow real art for free
Holloway Art Lending Library (HALL) promotes the work of local professional and amateur artists, and makes their art accessible to local people.
Its collection is on permanent exhibit in Resource for London’s first floor gallery. The gallery is accessible to the public Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. Please note the gallery is currently closed until further notice because of coronavirus restrictions.
Lending sessions take place quarterly where members can borrow and return pieces to the collection. The collection is continually growing and changing as new artists join, and pieces are borrowed and returned by members.
HALL is a trust-based project. Membership is free and it is free to exhibit. HALL does not charge commission for pieces sold.
“My sterile rented flat has really been enlivened by the pieces I’ve borrowed from the Holloway Art Lending Library,” said Kris Fowler, member.
Membership is open to anyone 16 or over living or working in Islington, Camden, Haringey or Hackney.
HALL was launched in 2014 and the collection currently has more than 100 pieces from 28 contributing artists.
The first floor gallery is wheelchair accessible.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People