Building the Universe, One Block at a Time
4 – 27 February 2020, Monday – Friday, 10am–6pm
Institute of Physics, 37 Caledonian Road, N1 9BU
Explore the Universe…using LEGO®! From the stars to medicine, to electricity generation, discover how nuclear physics has shaped the world around you. Featuring a seven-metre long LEGO® model containing over 25,000 LEGO® bricks, this exhibition explores inside the atom.
Join the Binding Blocks team from the University of York’s Department of Physics and see the elements like never before. You’ll even have the chance to see the nuclear chart in the virtual world of Minecraft.
This pop-up exhibition will be on show throughout February 2020 and is recommended for ages 12+.
Visit https://beta.iop.org/BuildingTheUniverse for the full programme of events and to find out more.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Winter Reading Challenge
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- LGBT History Month 🏳️🌈
- Swish and Style – clear out your closest and fill it with treasures
- Libraries half term events
- Aspire apprenticeship events
- Building the Universe, One Block at a Time
- Islington Reads