Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
Islington Council is looking for enthusiastic and passionate volunteers to join its Caledonian Park Clock Tower team.
The Clock Tower run a range of exciting events, tours and learning activities for families, adults and school groups that will bring to life this fascinating historic site as well as maintaining and providing access to the clock tower and the surrounding park land, and you can get involved!
Do you have an interest in local history? Are you passionate about nature and parks? Or would you just like an opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills?
Check out the various volunteer roles on offer below, no previous experience is required and all necessary training will be provided.
Clock Tower Winder
The Caledonian Clock needs to be wound every seven days, usually on a Friday. Join a team of winders to make sure our clock stays on time!
Clock Tower Steward
Stewards support visitors during Clock Tower open days. This involves providing information about the site and its history as well as ensuring health and safety procedures are followed. Open days will usually be held during public holidays or at weekends.
Support children and adults in their learning. Learning assistants help a broad range of visitors to explore the history of Caledonian Park through a range of workshops, tours, drop in activities and events. The learning programme will run from Monday to Friday but may include the opportunity to get involved with weekend events.
Suitable for people with an interest in gardening and keeping their local park tidy, tasks will vary depending on time of the year.
This role involves setting up, taking down and running a variety of community events in Caledonian Park and its Clock Tower Centre. Events are run on an ad- hoc basis and may occur on weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Volunteers and Admin Coordinator
Coordinator’s help with of managing volunteers, rotas and general office admin including marketing and planning.
If you would like to find out more about the roles above email or call 07712 547536.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People
- In conversation with a young entrepreneur
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Celebrate Windrush Day 2021
- Islington4Women walks
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs webinar for parents
- Festival of Walks 19-27 June 2021