Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
Islington Council is looking for enthusiastic and passionate volunteers to join its Caledonian Park Clock Tower team.
The Clock Tower run a range of exciting events, tours and learning activities for families, adults and school groups that will bring to life this fascinating historic site as well as maintaining and providing access to the clock tower and the surrounding park land, and you can get involved!
Do you have an interest in local history? Are you passionate about nature and parks? Or would you just like an opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills?
Check out the various volunteer roles on offer below, no previous experience is required and all necessary training will be provided.
Clock Tower Winder
The Caledonian Clock needs to be wound every seven days, usually on a Friday. Join a team of winders to make sure our clock stays on time!
Clock Tower Steward
Stewards support visitors during Clock Tower open days. This involves providing information about the site and its history as well as ensuring health and safety procedures are followed. Open days will usually be held during public holidays or at weekends.
Support children and adults in their learning. Learning assistants help a broad range of visitors to explore the history of Caledonian Park through a range of workshops, tours, drop in activities and events. The learning programme will run from Monday to Friday but may include the opportunity to get involved with weekend events.
Suitable for people with an interest in gardening and keeping their local park tidy, tasks will vary depending on time of the year.
This role involves setting up, taking down and running a variety of community events in Caledonian Park and its Clock Tower Centre. Events are run on an ad- hoc basis and may occur on weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Volunteers and Admin Coordinator
Coordinator’s help with of managing volunteers, rotas and general office admin including marketing and planning.
If you would like to find out more about the roles above email or call 07712 547536.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Islington4Women walks
- Free business training for Islington tech founders
- Have your say on safety in Islington
- Back to Better Week
- Boost your skills and launch a career in Digital Marketing
- Your invite to take part in a Let’s Get Back Together event: 4 – 8 October
- Hospitality Jobs Fair