Chair Yoga classes
Sessions have been suspended until further notice
Would you like to practice yoga but struggle with getting down to a mat on the floor? We have the answer – chair yoga!
Play Grow Do are running fortnightly yoga sessions aimed at over 50s, or anyone with worries about getting down to a mat on the floor, who may want to work on their yoga practice, building dexterity and improving circulation. Other benefits include building up core strength, as well as learning balancing exercises that can help prevent injuries from falls. Guided breathing exercises will also help deepen connection to the mind and body whilst also relaxing the mind.
And what’s more – it’s fun! Join Jessica every other Tuesday between 2 and 3pm. Each session costs £2. The next sessions will be Tues 27th Nov, Tues 11th Dec, Tues 15th Jan, Tue 29th Jan, Tue 12th Feb, Tues 26th Feb.
Sessions are held at Hold Space, Wynford Hall, Rising Hill Street, N1 9SY.
For more information contact Jessica Green
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People
- In conversation with a young entrepreneur
- Celebrating Black history and culture 365 days a year
- Celebrate Windrush Day 2021
- Islington4Women walks
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs webinar for parents
- Festival of Walks 19-27 June 2021
- The Cally Festival presents Cultivating Cally on 27 June
- This July at Cally Park
- Digital training sessions for parents
- Commemorations of the WW2 V2 rocket attack of Sunday, 5 November 1944