Sessions have been suspended until further notice
Crafternoons is a community group for local people to enjoy crafts together for relaxation, to learn new skills and socialise.
They run fortnightly from 2-5pm at Aladdin’s, 1 Hazellville Road, N19 3LW, an antiques shop and cafe.
There is no membership fee and no formal subscription. Crafts include taster projects in sewing, quilting, knitting and papercrafts such as origami.
Sessions are suitable for beginners and adults of all ages are welcome. All materials are provided, but people are free to bring their own to use or to share with others.
Crafternoon sessions are free, as the group is run by members, for members, but they do ask that you make a purchase of food or drink from Aladdin’s cafe. If you wish to have a meal, please arrive at 1pm.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Islington Mayor’s Charity Quiz
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Holocaust Memorial Day