Free digital and computing skills training
Islington Council, in partnership with local tech co-op Outlandish, is delivering free bespoke digital skills training to residents over 19. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to change their career or just become more confident using digital tools and programs. You needn’t be planning to get a career in the tech industry, you just need to be open to learning something new.
You will be supported to learn more about:
✓ Graphic design and web design
✓ Social media management and digital marketing
✓ Document creation and management
✓ Product development
✓ And much more depending on your interests
You will receive:
✓ Initial one-to-one assessment
✓ A bespoke learning plan based on your skills and ambitions
✓ One-to-one support with a coach, to support you through tutorials
✓ Optional weekly small-group learning sessions which you can attend in-person or remotely
✓ Additional signposting to resources and opportunities in the tech sector
What else will you get out of it?
✷ Confidence using digital tools
✷ Career direction through group learning and speaking to people who work in the digital sector
✷ Progress as far as you want and as quickly as you are able
✷ Better career opportunities or more confidence in your existing role
What equipment will you need?
✷ You will need access to a computer with an internet connection
Express your interest in this programme here.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Islington women’s football
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free, fun family online story and rhyme times
- Rethink Mental Health training
- Free in-person training on basic IT skills
- Interested in cooking, planting, crafts?
- Islington enrichment home learning
- How to draw trees and the stories behind them
- Getting into work workshop
- Unlocking Potential in Children and Young People