DIY for tenants
These free sessions run by Islington Council’s Repairs Team will help council tenants improve their understanding of some common problems in the home and practice some hands-on activities. No previous experience is needed.
All sessions run from 9.30am to 4.00pm at the Repairs Training Facility, Unit 9, Bush Industrial Estate, Station Rd, N19 5UN.
Friday 4 October 2019
- Plumbing – where to turn water off in emergencies, changing tap washers, minor repairs on toilets, preventing and dealing with blockages
- Electrics – understanding the switches in your fuse box, diagnosing simple problems, wiring plugs and safety with sockets
Friday 1 November 2019
- Battery Drills – how to use battery drills safely, drilling into different wall types with correct fixings
- Tiling Basics – how to replace damaged tiles, grouting, how to put sealant around edges of items such as baths and sinks.
Book a place on one or both courses by emailing HCDT@islington.gov.uk or calling 020 7527 2324
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Join us on a Tree Walk!
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay: Music Hall in Islington
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Black History Month
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Libraries half-term events
- Islington Art Society’s autumn exhibition
- Talk for Health
- October Learning Week
- Helping fight food waste and encourage sustainable eating