Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
Do you love to sing? Perhaps you’re already in a community or church choir, but you’re ready to enjoy a new musical challenge?
Eclectic Voices is an exciting and energetic Islington-based choir dedicated to delivering high standard performances, broadening musical horizons, whilst still having fun and socialising through a good number of activities.
They perform music from a broad range of classical, jazz, gospel, world music and folk influences, as well as pieces specially written for them by up-and-coming composers.
John Tavener and James Taylor, Stravinsky and Paul Simon, Beethoven, Ellington, Bruckner – are a few of the names whose works have been interpreted and performed by Eclectic Voices, within the last year alone.
Now entering their 28th year, they continue to be directed by inspirational founder, jazz composer and teacher Scott Stroman.
Following a very successful early-summer performance in Berlin they are ready for an inspired upcoming concert season:
- October 18 – a jazz arrangement by Charlie Beale of Faure’s Requiem and Scott Stroman’s all-star Jazz Mass ensemble at St Paul’s Church, Covent Garden.
- December 15 – carols and seasonal music, brought to you by the musical lead for the traditional carol service at Christ Church, Highbury.
- December 21 – an innovative ‘Folk for Christmas Programme – Seasonal music from around the World’ at St Paul’s Covent Garden.
Electric Voices are always recruiting talented voices, and are currently focused on adding to their Soprano and Bass sections.
Rehearsals will take place every Thursday from 7.30-10pm at Christ Church, Highbury, starting on the 12 September 2019.
More information can be found here.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty
- Winter Reading Challenge
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women
- Islington Holocaust Memorial Day
- New parenting group: Families, Food and Feelings
- Calling all amateur fashion designers and upcyclers