Free programme in Talking for Wellbeing
How are you… really? In these uncertain times, we need connection now more than ever. Talk for Health is providing FREE peer support that’s as effective as therapy.
Book your place on their FREE Talk for Health Taster on 21 October from 3-5pm.
WHAT’S THE IDEA?
It’s important to take care of our emotional wellbeing, just as it is to take care of our bodies. One way of doing this is to connect in a truthful and empathic way with others.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who wants to take care of their wellbeing and support others.
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
Attend a Taster and/or do our in-depth 4-day Talk for Health Programme. Then you can:
- Come to TALK FOR HEALTH CAFES; continue talking for wellbeing and gain communication skills.
- Follow these with ongoing groups for strong peer networks.
It’s all FREE and is commissioned by the NHS. You will learn and have space for:
- Honest talking – being the real you
- Empathic listening
- Basic counselling skills
- How to set up and be part of an ongoing group to talk for wellbeing.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Walk the Line
- The Angel Canal Festival
- Tales from the Crypt guided walks
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free programme in Talking for Wellbeing