Get your free blood pressure check
A struggling heart can be hard to detect, so get your blood pressure checked. Thanks to Arsenal in the Community, it’s quick and easy in Islington.
High blood pressure is one of the biggest known causes of disability and early death in the UK. If left untreated, it can lead to stroke and heart attack.
One in five people in Islington has high blood pressure, but only half know about it. The only way to know whether you have high blood pressure is to get it measured.
Arsenal in the Community is providing free blood pressure checks from now until early 2020.
Sessions are taking place from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm at The Hub, 56 Benwell Road, N7 7BA. There’s no need to book ahead. The checks are available to people who live and work within Islington.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports & leisure
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Healthy Generations classes
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- Saturday Stitching Surgery
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- DIY for tenants
- Flag football for girls
- Saturday Night Project
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Dads and Kids Cook and Eat Sundays
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Coffee and computers
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Islington Museum and Cally Clock Tower events
- Happening in Archway!
- Adult and Community Learning courses
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Deaf repairs training session
- Islington Menorah lighting
- Craft particles and mulled wine
- Islington People’s Rights turns fifty
- Visit MakeArt exhibition
- Housing charity’s winter auction
- Winter Reading Challenge
- Libraries winter events
- Get fit and active with Active Spaces
- Fitness classes for women