Get your free blood pressure check
Blood donor sessions have been suspended until further notice.
A struggling heart can be hard to detect, so get your blood pressure checked. Thanks to Arsenal in the Community, it’s quick and easy in Islington.
High blood pressure is one of the biggest known causes of disability and early death in the UK. If left untreated, it can lead to stroke and heart attack.
One in five people in Islington has high blood pressure, but only half know about it. The only way to know whether you have high blood pressure is to get it measured.
Arsenal in the Community is providing free blood pressure checks from now until early 2020.
Sessions are taking place from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm at The Hub, 56 Benwell Road, N7 7BA. There’s no need to book ahead. The checks are available to people who live and work within Islington.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- Walk the Line
- The Angel Canal Festival
- Tales from the Crypt guided walks
- Free digital and computing skills training
- Free programme in Talking for Wellbeing