Heatwave fun for over 13s
Once again, young people aged 13+ living in Islington can sign up for Summerversity and those over 16+ can sign up for Launchpad courses.
The programme has various FREE activities being run online and in person with social distancing, including podcasting, music production, kayaking and tennis.
Below are a few examples of the brilliant summer activities on offer, but before leaving home please be sure to visit www.summerversity.co.uk to find out the latest details.
Boat Club Taster Days 13+
Come and see what Islington Boat Club has to offer and take part in some water sports taster sessions.
Bicycle Maintenance 13+
Learn how to take bicycles apart, repair them, and put them back together again, including repairing punctures, replacing brake and gear cables, assembling wheels, seat tubes and more.
Discover Kayaking 13+
A five-day course for beginners helping you to develop practical skills for a fun and safe time on the water.
Tennis Camp 13+
Summer is here so it’s time to improve your forehand, backhand and serve. With a small competition by the end of the course, you will have a chance to put what you have learnt into practice.
Ambassador Meeting 16+
Be part of planning, leadership and coordination of the Re-ROOT Carnival and video and project in these weekly sessions.
Making Podcasts Online 13+
A series of online workshops on the basics of making podcasts on topics like crime, books, music and more.
Online Yoga And Meditation 13+
Improve strength and flexibility while also learning how a healthy body can help lead to a healthy mind through breathing, stretching and taking time to focus on yourself.
Soapbox Online: Creative Gallery 13+
Join up virtually with other young people who also love all forms of art including creative writing, drawing, painting, photography, music and more.
Soapbox Online: Podcasting Course 13+
A weekly online course where you will learn introductory skills in audio and digital production, how to create content, record, edit, stream and promote your podcast.
Online Employability Skills Workshop 16+
A two day online course to equip you with confidence and knowledge in building your professional online presence.
Soapbox Online: Music Production 13+
In depth workshop on music production software and how to make your own tracks.
Soapbox Online: Music Production 16+
A one-week music production course to give you the skills to create, produce and publish your own tracks.
Soapbox Online: Games Design 13+
Learn all about what goes into making an online game and make your own!
Making Videos For Social Media Online With Film Creatives 13+
Develop a channel and make videos in this week long online course with Film Creatives.
- Islington Assembly Hall
- Markets in Islington
- Sport for people with a disability
- Canonbury Tower tours
- Wildcats girls’ football
- Islington Walking Tours
- Women’s Institutes in Islington
- Volunteering at Caledonian Park Clock Tower
- Borrow real art for free
- Volunteering in Islington
- The Singing Well Community Choir
- Volunteer in Islington parks
- Flag football for girls
- Want to play netball?
- Islington Upperdeckers
- Aikido classes
- Chair Yoga classes
- Volunteer in Compton Terrace Gardens
- London Canal Museum
- Sing a song with Sonic Crew!
- Playground equipment for disabled children
- Eclectic Voices: A Unique Choral Experience
- Islington women’s football
- Get your free blood pressure check
- Fitness classes for women
- Celebrating 200 years of The Regent’s Canal
- Islington Expert Patients Programme
- DIY training for council tenants
- Get Islington’s culture and community online
- Islington’s Dementia Café
- Make a mandala in vegetables
- Online exercise and digital skills classes for older people
- Get composting
- No Barriers at Home
- Get silly with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Join Islington’s IG Lockdown Session
- Heatwave fun for over 13s
- Heatwave fun for under 13s
- Walk the Line
- Bright Start SEND family picnic